Bring Brussels sprout to life with delicious recipe for a perfect Christmas side dish!
Braised Sprouts with Pancetta and Cream
Servings: 6, as a side
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 20 minutes
- 150 g. of smoked pancetta or bacon, cut into strips
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 2 crushed garlic cloves
- 150 ml. dry white wine
- 400 g. of trimmed and shredded Brussels sprouts
- 150 ml. double cream
- A pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
How to cook:
- Cook the pancetta or bacon in a heavy-based saucepan without oil until the fat starts to release and the meat starts to brown.
- Add oil, onion, garlic and a pinch of salt. Soften over gentle heat for 5-6 minutes.
- Add wine, turn up the heat then reduce again by about two-thirds until syrupy.
- Add the sprouts and 3 tbsp. of water. Stir, cover and cook on low heat for 8 minutes until soft.
- Add the cream and simmer uncovered for 2 minutes until the cream thickens.
- Season to your liking with salt, pepper and nutmeg.